Why Do You Even Watch That?

Let's talk about movies. I don't know about you, who is reading that, but I love watching movies. And not only the most popular ones. I watch all kinds of movies. And series also. But today I won't be giving you a list of my favorite movies(maybe just a little part of it), or a list of movies I can't wait to finally come out. I won't be talking about favorite movie quotes or favorite actors. I'll be commenting on the reasons, why we watch movies.

First Reason

 

You've had an awful day at work. You need to relax your nerves somehow. . Your friends are busy that evening so you have no one to go with and even if you have going out drinking won't do, because tomorrow you have work again and hangover and working don't mix well. So what do you do? You watch a movie. Movies are an awesome way to escape reality for an hour or two (or even four). You pop some popcorn, you grab your favorite drink from the fridge, you lay yourself on the couch, your bed or wherever is your super comfy place and put on one of your favourite movies. Everybody has a movie that acts better than medicine. For me that is Pirates Of The Caribbean(especially the fourth one), but for you that's (almost) definitely a completely different movie. If you like, you can  leave me a comment below with your especially nerve-relaxing movie or series(I'm planning on making more posts about movies and series, so that would really mean a lot to me).

Second Reason

 

Good memories! There is something magical about them. In time, the details fade, but the feeling when hearing a certain song or seeing a certain image, or visiting a certain place brings back memories and makes you smile or cry (or sometimes cringe at some embarrassing memory). But movies can do the same. You could remember a movie you watched on an awesome date. Maybe there was a period in your live, when you've been obsessed with certain series or a movie. So you watch that movie from time to time to remember what it was at that time. If you were a girl growing up between 2003 and 2009 you most certainly had a bag or a t-shirt with the cast of High School Musical, or with Hannah Montana. I was a guy growing up then and although it was too girly according to my classmates I had a complete Extended Edition DVD set of all three High School Musical movies. And since I gave away my favorite relax-movie, I'll give you here my "memory-movie"(other than High School Musical). It's called The Replacements! It's maybe the best sports-comedy movie. It was a favorite of my mother and we've watched it at home thousands of times. Here is the time to remind you that you can leave also a "movie-memory" of yours.

Third Reason

 

There are movies we don't like, but we watch them anyway, just because people watch them. Actually I almost never watch a movie that is super popular. I don't know why. I am more into indie films and series. I watched Game of Thrones only a few months ago and Harry Potter (don't freak out, fans) only last month and(here comes the boom) I still haven't watched Titanic. But a lot of people do watch movies, that everyone like, even though they don't like it. And continuing the tradition from the last two points, I'm giving you a personal example: Fifty shades of Grey. I watched with my girlfriend at that time and I didn't like it. At all. Don't get offended Grey-fans. I don't judge you. Everybody has their own taste in movies and no one has the right to judge you.

That were the three main reasons why I watch movies and series. You can(sorry for repeating myself) leave your own three movies in the comments or give me a topic you'd like to see here on my blog. It'll also make me super happy if you read some of my other posts and/or share my blog with your friends.Until next time!

Comments

Facebook

Koko's Ramblings On Facebook

Popular Posts